- The Globe and Mail on the TOPS program staying put at a Toronto school;
- The Goderich Signal-Star (pre-tornado) on a pending school-closure review;
- QMI Agency (through the St. Catharines Standard) on the Canadian Teachers' Federation decision to spend some time looking at concerns with wifi;
- The Peterborough Examiner with more on the city's recent high school closure review as well as city council's regrettable decision to stay out of the process;
- The Simcoe Reformer on a proposal for a school consolidation in Norfolk County;
- A short post on the SQE blog about a Globe article on full-day kindergarten and a childcare centre;
- The St. Catharines Standard on the launch of the DSBN Academy (others also did this last week);
- The Chatham Daily News on the renos, retros and construction that took place to prepare schools for today;
- The Belleville Intelligencer on schools that aren't quite ready for today;
- The Timmins Daily Press on a groundbreaking for a new school in Attawapiskat-- something many southern Ontario students have been advocating and raising funds to support; and,
- A nice preview of the work that lies ahead for Ottawa-area trustees from the Ottawa Citizen.
Tuesday, September 6, 2011
Time is fleeting, but did want to share some of the non-election campaign ed-related stuff that I've clicked on and read over the past several weeks until this morning.