There are some large decisions ahead of some boards of trustees in Ontario and the coverage shows engaged communities, for the most part, stepping up to the plate to take part in the process. Some examples?
- The Owen Sound Sun Times' coverage of a council urging participation in a Chesley/Hanover review;
- Several Barrie Examiner items -- A neat discussion and some proposals surrounding Elmvale DSS (member of a tabled review) as well as a Barrie city council vote on Barrie Central, member of a separate review;
- Several Peterborough Examiner items on a high school review that's in its initial stages, drawing a preview of a community meeting held Monday as well as extensive coverage of the meetings themselves here along with a separate article/video on each school here, here and here;
- Two from the North Bay Nugget on a board-level capital review (one, two), coincidentally the first coverage I've seen since the start of the school year that references a ministry time line for submission of an annual capital plan; and,
- Coverage out of Sarnia revolving around a decision before trustees on the future of French-immersion programming in Petrolia.
As I've mentioned in this space before, these are the things that school boards are dealing with across the province. It's great to see this selection of articles and coverage from the past week.