At this point in the night, I'm left wondering what will happen to those municipal politicos who so eagerly signed up for the Community Schools Alliance two summers ago.
Just out of curiosity, I went looking for results for the Alliance's executive committee.
- Southwest Middlesex Mayor Doug Reycraft was acclaimed.
- Niagara-on-the-Lake Lord Mayor Gary Burroughs ran for Niagara Region council and won.
- Niagara-on-the-Lake Coun. Jim Collard kept his seat.
- Malahide Mayor John R. Wilson lost.
- No idea if Hastings Highlands Mayor Ron Emond ran, was elected or not (nothing election related online at township website)
- Cobalt Coun. Doug Shearer did not run again.
- Greenstone Mayor Michael Power did not run again.
- Springwater Mayor Tony Guergis lost.
- Guelph/Eramosa Mayor Chris White kept his seat.
- Burlington Mayor Cam Jackson lost.
Reycraft was happier than heck in September as Middlesex signed an agreement with the Thames Valley DSB stating the board would basically do what it did the last time (sort of) and also follow provincial guidelines. See a post about that here. But the website, while updated since my last visit several months ago to include a map (outdated) of municipalities and the September agreement stuff, still has precious little info.
I highly suspect that given the agreement Reycraft now has and those who won't be around come the end of November that the Alliance will slowly wither. That is, as I've already predicted, until the next school-closure review decision by trustees goes against what Reycraft and like-minded munipols want and then they'll be back on the warpath.